Thanks for the brilliant programme of lectures and events and the warm welcome of all the Friends and Gallery staff. I have gained a much deeper understanding of the Gallery and its amazing Collection. It has also been a fascinating insight into the contemporary art world and some of the dedicated, professional work behind the scenes.
Paul Brotherton, Best Friend
Make more of art, from just £24 per year
Become a Friend or Patron of Manchester Art Gallery and you’ll never be stuck for something interesting to do – without it costing you a fortune.
• Learn more about art
• Meet curators and artists
• Go behind the scenes
• Get to know new people
• Enjoy trips and social events
• Train as a volunteer
As well as giving you access to a great range of benefits, your subscription will help to extend the power of art in Manchester.
Choose the type of Friend you want to be
There are three different levels of Friendship and you can join as an individual or as a joint membership with someone living at the same address.
You don’t have to know a lot about art to enjoy being a Friend. Or you may have an interest you’d like to explore in a bit more depth. Friendship costs as little as the equivalent of £2 per month if you pay by Direct Debit.
You don’t have to know a lot about art to enjoy being a Friend. Or you may have an interest you’d like to explore in a bit more depth.
From as little as £24 a year, you can benefit from:
• Free admission to charging exhibitions
• A special welcome tour with other new Friends
• Invitations each year to selected previews of our exhibitions before they open to the public
• The chance to buy tickets to Friends-only events, such as talks by artists and curators
Become a Friend online now.
For a little more each month, becoming a Best Friend gives you extra benefits that will bring you closer to the heart of the gallery.
Becoming a Best Friend gives you all the benefits of a Friend plus:
• The chance to buy tickets to three Limited Edition events per year, including ‘up close’ opportunities to see our conservation work in action and handle objects from our collections
• Insight into contemporary art through events run by our specialist contemporary art curator
Become a Best Friend online now.
You can join our Friends scheme online or pay your subscription by cheque or by Direct Debit. Paying by Direct Debit costs less than if you pay by cheque because it generates less administration – your membership simply keeps going until you stop it, rather than us having to send you renewal letters.
You can join as an individual, or you can take out a joint membership with someone living at the same address.
For an extra £2 you can also buy a year-long discount which entitles you to a 20% discount in our shop and a 10% discount in our cafe.
Please post your completed Friends application form to:
Friends and Events Coordinator
Manchester Art Gallery
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Tel: 0161 235 8873