Working with artists and partner organisations in the health sector we champion creative learning in an environment that is stimulating, supportive and inspiring.
We create a space where people connect with art, ignite curiosity and develop confidence. Our philosophy focuses on the person and not the illness, ensuring that everyone is viewed and treated as an individual. Delivering research programmes has given us the evidence to know that accessing culture can have a life-changing impact on a person’s health and wellbeing.
Through our projects we:
• Make our collections and exhibitions accessible to all
• Connect with our communities
• Learn together
• Create conditions for curiosity and social interaction
• Encourage creative experimentation and imagination
• Help people find inspiration through art
• Demonstrate that art can change lives
The Art of Looking: a partnership project with National Portrait Gallery
Manchester primary school and community mental health groups build emotional resilience through mindfulness and art project.
If you’re a mental health organisation and are interested in working with us please get in touch:
Louise Thompson, Learning Manager: Health and wellbeing
Tel: 0161 235 8844