Manchester Art Gallery, with its outstanding art collections and superb Victorian and contemporary setting is a stunning venue for your commercial, wedding or private hire event.
Conferences, meetings and seminars
We have two flexible meeting spaces available to hire for daytime events, whatever your meeting or conference needs.
The Lecture room
• a light and airy, purpose-built conference room with in-built AV equipment
• natural daylight with client-controlled blackout blinds
• free WiFi access
• flexible room layout, offering seating for 20-100 people
• catering available within the Lecture Room, or ask us about a bespoke breakout area within the glass Atrium
• Dedicated Events Team
To help you make the most of your event at our unique venue, Manchester Art Gallery’s dedicated Events Team can arrange guided tours of the collection or group access to our temporary exhibitions. We can also help put together interactive sessions involving the Gallery’s displays and ensure your daytime event makes a lasting impression on your guests.
The Meeting room
• natural daylight
• free WiFi access
• flexible room layout, offering seating for 2-18 people
• catering available
• dedicated Events Team
Energising breakfasts to decadent dinners
Our catering team, lead by award-winning chef, Mary-Ellen McTague – best known for her restaurant, Aumbry, as well as working in Michelin-starred kitchens – will work with you to ensure that you and your guests have a truly memorable and distinctive experience.
Take a look at our sample menu.
* We may not be able to meet some religious dietary requirements.
Drinks receptions, dinners and parties
Manchester Art Gallery is the city’s most popular art gallery, with outstanding art collections and superb, fully accessible, Victorian and contemporary settings for your event.
Whether you’re planning a small drinks reception in our award-winning galleries or a large Christmas party, the gallery offers a number of unique and special locations guaranteed to impress your guests. The gallery’s dedicated Events Team are always on hand to help you organise the details of your event, please contact us to find out more.
Choose from a range of stunning spaces for your event:
• the contemporary glass Atrium
• the grand Victorian Entrance Hall
• the Pre-Raphaelite Galleries, housing the stars of the city’s art collection
• the Gallery Restaurant
Depending on which space you prefer, we can organise:
• seated dinners (for up to 120 guests)
• drinks Receptions (for 50-500 guests)
Discounted parking rates are available for all delegates and organisers of daytime events at NCP Chorlton Street. Please ask your event manager for details.
What our guests say
Our event went like clockwork, thank-you so much for all your help. The venue was exquisite and much appreciated by our delegates and the access was great for our disabled delegate too. The lunch was lovely, we would certainly consider using Manchester Art Gallery again.
To find out more
Or contact the Events team to talk to us about your venue hire needs.
Tel: +44 (0)161 235 8866/62