Becoming a Mum
Becoming a Mum is a free online Art Therapy group for women who became mothers in lockdown and who may be experiencing mental health issues such as low mood, anxious thoughts or feelings of loneliness.
Mums in our collection
What is Art Therapy?
Art Therapy is a form of psychotherapy that uses images and art making to help people express and process their thoughts and feelings. Through the therapy group you will be able to connect with other new mums and explore the challenges of early motherhood together in a supportive and non-judgemental environment. Sessions will include some mindfulness and self-care techniques.
- You need to be available to attend all 9 sessions
- Ideally you’ll have childcare support to help you have this time just for you, but if that’s not possible babies are, of course, most welcome
- Sessions are open to mums with babies aged 12 months or under
- You don’t need to be ‘good’ at art!
- All sessions are on Zoom
- Art materials will be provided
- You must be a Greater Manchester resident
- Sessions run by Art Psychotherapist Sarah Harrison-Greaves
Thursdays, 1–3pm, starting 14 January 2021
21, 28 January,
4,18, 25 February
4, 11, 18 March
How do I join the course?
Referrals via a health professional such as your Health Visitor or GP are preferable but we know that’s not always possible so you can also self-refer. If you self-refer, we’ll ask your permission to let your Health Visitor know you’re joining the project, this is only to ensure you have the most support possible during the duration of the project. Please download the application form here.
Please send your completed application form to our Health and Wellbeing Manager Louise Thompson at email@example.com
Deadline for referrals is: Thursday 19 November 2020.